Friday, May 8, 2009

..Poland, here I come.....


Kevin and I are busy packing out bags for our trip to Poland on May 12, 2009. Unfortunately, the occasion is a very sad one, namely, the second funeral of my Dearest Mother, Anna (she wanted part of her ashes to be buried with her parents) but it will be good to spend some time in Europe again and see so many friends and family. Kevin has never been to Europe before nor experienced jetlag for that matter. It will be a suprising experience for him, I am sure. I deliberately planned a direct flight to Warsaw and a couple of days there before the funeral on Friday so we can catch our breath and get some "replacement" sleep.

Spring in Poland is very beautiful and my dear girlfriend, Lidia (she calls herself "Muffin"), has already been filling me in on what is blooming and where. Our friendship goes back to our childhoods and it is pretty remarkable, really, that we have remained this close, all these years. We do not see each other that often, maybe once 5-6 years on average (she visited us in Canada last summer for a couple of weeks) but we email and call each other and keep up with the news. I love you, Lidia...can't wait to see you again!!

This will be my last journey with Mama as I am bringing the remainder of her ashes to Poland. A very special journey and one which I am honoured to be able to make for her.

I will be in touch again when I return. In the meantime, a photo of Willow Beach last week.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment