Monday, July 27, 2009

Summer and Fall...

I know it's not quite the end of July yet but I can't help thinking about Fall. Maybe the cool weather has something to do with my frame of mind....it's not like me to look forward to the season which brings with it shorter days, less greenery in my garden and bigger waves on our lake but I am longing for richer textures, my funky cardigans and much-loved knitted scarves. More saturated colours, chocolates, purples, deep emerald greens and greys.

I managed to get my hands on more of these incredible beads....I love the relief carving...don't they look like patinated brass? They are plastic, can you believe it? So I can include a whole series of them in a necklace, for example, and they will not be as heavy as real metal beads would be! Watch for them in future creations...

No comments:

Post a Comment