Monday, January 26, 2009

A Super Day for an Artisan...


..I would not dare call myself an artist, partly because I have no art training of any kind. I am more of an artisan, yes, I am comfortable with that label. An excellent day in the shop, if I say so myself. 4 sales to a single buyer, incredible! and such varied items! if you are reading this - thank you!

I listed my latest find - the bling bracelet and necklace set. I think it's adorable and I imagine that in the past, it sparkled in the light of candles at some snooty dinner (or maybe not to snooty given it's metal, not silver). Maybe some gent fell in love with some lady while she wore it? yes, I am a romantic, a little under the surface mind you, because nothing overt about me is anywhere close to romantic. It's not that I am not a girly-girl, I am in some way, it's just that I am not into lace and I do not have that Joan-Collins-in-Dynasty soft glow around my head. However, I do have a very active imagination and I like to invent stories for objects, expecially when they are vintage....

Here's a pic of the set....

No comments:

Post a Comment