Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Why did the chicken cross the road?






I have no idea but here is one of my latest creations. I was inspired to make it when one of the little crystals literally fell next to the rosy copper. The original plan was an entirely different set of beads to Go into these earrings and then plans changed. It was as if the copper clung to the little crystals and would not let them go.

I have always been a fan of pairing materials which do not conventionally, traditionally match. When you think pearls, you likely think silk, silver, gold...you would not think hemp, linen or rafia..why not? as the old addage goes: "opposites attract". Sometimes, these unexpected combinations yield unexpectedly exciting results. I am very pleased with this result and judging by the number of views it received today, others are finding it interesting too.

FEATURED ETSY ARTIST:

Speaking of interesting, I have previously written in this blog about Heather Young of FLYoung Studio, a gifted artist from Savannah, Georgia. I am very impressed by her artistic versatility and her sense of humour. In my experience, not all artists have a funny bone; I have found many to be serene if not downright melancholy. I wholeheartedly urge you to visit her two shops on Etsy, both listed below in my favorite links. And earlier today, I was delighted to open a package from her: my first purchase from Heather. I am very excited about it and it will hang right here, in my new office. It's called "Lee Lee's Sweet Ice Tea" and it was inspired by Heather's work with a bunch of southern ladies who desperately tried to teach her to cook. Take a look at Heather's shops as well as her website: www.FLYoungStudio.com. You will not be disappointed. She has a very interesting background, a lot to say on a variety of subjects and great work to share with you!!

At the top of this post is a photo of the piece I got from Heather..stunning, eh?




Cheers for now...

1 comment:

  1. yay! I'm so glad your print made it safe and sound! Thanks a million for the sweet write-up and the add to your blog roll...I'll get yours up on mine in the coming days so we can keep up with each others work.

    ReplyDelete