Thursday, March 5, 2009

I felt like a child again.....

...when earlier this morning, I looked up the shop of a fellow Etsian, bomobob. We "met" yesterday in one of the forums and what he said made a lot of sense. He then hearted my shop.

I laughed with childlike excitement when I saw his incredible photos of the ferris wheel, kids with their mouths gaping open in a mixture of apprehension and sheer excitement. It brought me back to my own memories of those times....feelings which, I am happy to say, are not dusty or forgotten to me. Even at my age, I still retain a certain childlike quality...some would call it "not acting my age" but what the heck! Take this example: Kevin just gave me a little toy camera with a Betty Boop film in it...you press a button and presto - Betty puts on an outfit and speaks to the camera and I can only imagine what she is saying. The footage is likely from an old original. I love staring through that little eye-hole - it makes me laugh every time!!

Bomobob's photographs make me feel that way too! There is one of a ferris wheel taken from the bottom of the supporting crane, looking up - incredible! I can just remember looking up (which is what my Dad taught me "look up and see the birds") and thinking - how does that get cleaned? who gets up there to do that?....

Bomobob is a fellow Canadian, a Montrealer. I sincerely encourage you to take a look at his shop at www.bomobob.etsy.com and at his blog at bomobob.blogspot.com (see my favourite links). You will not be disappointed!!! His sense of timing, colour, texture and composition is suberb and he will make you think about his photographs...well after you step away from the computer....

Off to Florida tomorrow, to do some sailboat racing and drinking Mr. Bacardi's fine beverages...will try and post tomorrow morning....

1 comment: