Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Not-so-Mundane around us...

At the risk of sounding cliche, I will say that you do not have to put on your shoes and go to the art gallery to see art and beauty around you. It's right under our noses, part of our everyday, busy lives, often altogether unnoticed and perhaps even considered banale.

I love the look and feel of coffee grinds, for example. I run them through my fingers, from time to time, to feel their grit and almost taste their rich aroma with my very fingertips.

 

..and weeds? who decided that certain plants are weeds and others are not? This young thistle is a work of art, don't you agree? How ingeniously constructed it is, how strong its will to survive - spikes, thorns and all....to me, an object d'art...



...and the simple apple? I think that it has one of the most fetching forms around and in so many varieties..this red delicious boasts a vivacious colour, a superb skin and a graceful stalk....

Appreciate the otherwise-considered-mundane around you today!
Posted by Picasa
All photos by AJ

2 comments:

  1. so very true! it's all about being present enough to notice and appreciate - thank you for sharing some of the beauty in your life today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah who did decide the weed thing ?
    I think we should be told.
    Nice work.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete