Friday, May 28, 2010

Design Friday*


Ahhh, the weekend is here!~enjoy, Darlinks!~
Literally thousands of Ontarians will be hitting the roads in several hours, heading for their cottages ~ some of them even in my neighbourhood (Kevin and I live in "cottage country" but in a real, grown-up house).
Many of these cottages are as modern as the incredible examples in these photos - lots of wood, glass and natural stone....an eclectic mix of rustic and modern..

 
 
Loove the overall fluidity of this design....the chairs off set the rigid, geometric edges of the rug, furniture and windows.



A stunning combination of wood and stone...the hues are warm, inviting and straight from Mother Nature...It's ok to mix wood types and finishes....I give you permission
(and so does the designer above, wink)



Now, I could really spend the weekend on this serene patio but wait, I have my own serene patio and photos of it are coming sooooooon!
Have a splish-splashy weekend, All (heatwave still here!)
ox
Posted by Picasa
Photos: HouseandHome.com

4 comments:

  1. Lurrrve the curvy rattan!
    and I have my own Hans Wagner wishbone chair from Ebay!(ehem-show off!!)
    Anyway, Happy Friday darling & enjoy your ice cream breakfast~

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first one. Very warm and inviting.
    Dont spend much time outside due to allergies so my back patio is a real disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No heatwave here, A.J. but, I would wrap up just to sit on that beautiful patio in the last photograph and,the view in #2 is amazing.
    Beuatiful interiors and lots of inspiration.
    Have a great weekend, A.J. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. We lost our heatwave - gone - kaput!
    Happy weekend A.J.(&K)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete